A culture of connections
Ask our people about the key to our success and they’ll likely point to our culture. That’s because we’ve built a supportive, flexible and fun environment where people contribute their diverse perspectives and expertise, lead from every chair and are empowered to bring their whole selves to work.
Building a connected and caring environment
We cultivate this environment in part by hiring and retaining people who care deeply about our work, about each other, and about the people who count on us.
At Agios, this deep sense of caring is what drives every person on our team and enables us to do meaningful work on behalf of people with rare diseases. It is central to our people development strategy and our approach to human resources.
It is the reason we regularly ask our people about their experience at Agios and what we can do to improve our programs and enhance our environment. We eagerly listen to our team’s feedback, analyze what we hear and use the findings to make informed decisions that help Agios continue to be a great place to work.
Three pillars guide our culture
Putting our pillars
Our commitment to flexibility is evident in the benefits and programs we offer to our people. Explore our offerings to learn more.
We foster an environment of fearlessness. Our team meetings include candid discussions on successes, lessons learned and areas for continued improvement. To be sure we’re maintaining an environment where everyone can contribute to these types of conversations, we regularly survey our people and ask how comfortable they are speaking up with questions, raising concerns, or making mistakes.
We apply improvements based on their feedback to help ensure that everyone at Agios feels able to share their thoughts and ideas.
We invest in the growth of our people by offering professional development and retention programs, including:
- Quarterly development sessions for our scientists and clinicians to enhance professional skill sets beyond that of their technical/scientific areas
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentorship, internship and fellowship programs
- Leadership development for managers
- 1-on-1 coaching and presentation skills for employees transitioning from academic, laboratory or physician settings to the corporate environment
- DevelOPPortunities program: Temporary, part time assignments that provide employees with an opportunity to build new, differentiated skill sets while maintaining current role
- Cross-functional internal moves are encouraged when aligned with employee career interests; in 2020, 12% of open positions at Agios were filled by existing employees
- Equity for employees, with flexibility to select the percentage of restricted stock units (RSUs) vs. stock options
Join our team
Become part of a caring and committed organization that is turning great science into great medicines for people with rare diseases. Explore our open positions today.
Our commitment to diversity
We strive to foster a welcoming workplace where everyone can thrive. As an organization that values and embraces differences, we’re continuously looking to improve the inclusivity of our workforce. This commitment is essential to our success and helps drive our ability to create transformative medicines for people with rare diseases.
Our commitment to community
We are an active participant in the communities that surround us — the communities where we live and the community of people and their loved ones in need of better treatment options for conditions that are often overlooked. Learn more about the ways Agios is getting involved and giving back.