Our benefits programs are designed to promote the health and well-being of our people and their families. They are an integral part of our total rewards program and align with best practice, legislation and our business objectives and strategy. By offering whole-person and flexible benefits to every member of our team, we are able to attract and retain top talent that helps make Agios a leading developer of therapies to treat rare diseases.
Investing in our people
The people of Agios are core to our success. They enable us to bring life-changing treatments to people who need them most. But if we don’t care for ourselves, how can we care for others?
Benefits that work for everyone
That’s why we invest in the health, well-being and security of our people by providing competitive compensation and a premium benefits package that is well-rounded and flexible to help meet the varied personal and professional needs of every member of our team.
Our compensation strategy is connected to our business strategy. Each year, we establish specific short- and long-term goals for our organization. We connect these goals to our company competencies, which set the standards for how our people can contribute to Agios’ success. We then reward members of our team based on how and what they achieve.
Our competitive, performance-based compensation aligns with industry practice:
- Base compensation reflects the key areas of responsibility, job characteristics, required experience, and skill set. Base compensation is reviewed annually, and any increases reflect merit, based on performance, as well as market movements. We also regularly review data to ensure pay equity.
- Variable compensation includes short-term incentives (base bonus) and long-term incentives (stock options and restricted stock units).
Health and Wellness (Mind and Body)
- Healthcare: Harvard Pilgrim / United Healthcare
- Dental plan: Delta Dental Premier
- Vision plan: VSP Vision Care
- Flexible spending accounts (dependent and healthcare)
- Health savings accounts
- Onsite fitness facility and free group classes
- Discounted health club membership
- Massage therapy and acupuncture
- Nutrition and wellness seminars and workshops
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal finance seminars and workshops
- 401(k) with company match through Fidelity
- Employee stock purchase program
- Employee assistance program
- Life / accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Family leave – 12 weeks of job protected, 100% paid leave for all employees who are new parents or who need to take care of a sick/disabled family member. In addition, we provide 6-8 more weeks of 100% paid short-term disability leave for birth parents.
- Sabbatical program
- Discretionary paid time off (vacation and sick)
- Flexible work environment (remote and hybrid options)
- Companywide shutdowns in August and December
- Weekly happy hours (virtual and in-person)
- Carrot – inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits
- Lifestyle benefit – provides reimbursement for personal and wellness expenses, providing employee choice in how to use funds
Commute and Home Office Support
- Subsidized parking and public transportation
- Secure bicycle parking
- Home office reimbursements and equipment
A culture of intentional development and inclusion
In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we work together to develop a culture that supports, empowers and prioritizes their professional development and advancement. A key part of how we do this is by maintaining an environment where every person feels able to bring their authentic self to work and contribute ideas from wherever they sit.
We believe that people thrive when they feel seen and respected. When our people thrive, we thrive as a company, and together we can more quickly develop life-changing therapies for people with rare diseases.
Learn more about the Agios culture.
We embrace a set of shared values that promote a culture of collaboration, contribution, engagement and a high regard for others’ points of view. Learn more about these values, and how they help to guide every word we say and every action we take.
Bring Your Whole Self
Blaze New Trails
Do you want to join a team that solves hard problems in a supportive, collaborative and fun environment? Apply to work at Agios, and become part of a company that is making a meaningful difference in the lives of people with rare diseases.