Our Statement on COVID-19
Our Statement on COVID-19
March 18, 2020
At Agios, the health of our employees, our communities and the patients we serve is our top priority. As the global COVID-19 situation evolves, we continue to provide an uninterrupted supply of our commercial medicine TIBSOVO®. Based on inventory levels, we do not currently anticipate a shortage of TIBSOVO® even if extended COVID-19 disruptions were to persist. In addition, we have sufficient inventory of our investigational medicines to support our ongoing and planned clinical trials.
We have implemented precautionary measures, including suspending all international and domestic business travel and requiring the majority of our employees to work from home, to reduce the likelihood of exposure or transmitting the virus to others. While taking these precautions, we have activated business continuity plans to minimize disruptions to our business and continue to serve the patients who are counting on us.
We do not know the extent to which COVID-19 will continue to spread and impact society. We will continue to monitor the situation and evaluate the potential impact to our business.
Our Team and Communities
- Most of our employees are working from home to reduce the likelihood of exposure or transmitting the virus to others.
- This includes our U.S. and EU field-based staff, who continue to interact with customers from home utilizing a virtual model for meetings and interactions with the healthcare community and payers..
- There are limited exceptions for certain lab and facilities team members to ensure critical operations continue in a safe and responsible manner. For these teams, we are implementing plans to reduce close interactions, including shift work and alternative commuting approaches to avoid public transportation.
- We have suspended all international and domestic business travel until further notice.
- We have made these decisions based on a number of factors, including our desire to reduce risk for our employees, minimize anticipated demand on the health care system and follow public health guidance regarding social distancing.
- Agios continues to supply TIBSOVO® to patients in the United States. Based on current inventory levels, we don’t anticipate interruptions in TIBSOVO® supply, even if we were to face extended disruptions to our manufacturing operations.
- TIBSOVO® can also be delivered directly to patients’ residences to ensure they can still receive their medication even if they are homebound for a prolonged period of time.
- myAgios™ Patient Support Services is fully functional and remains available to help patients with access, reimbursement, and financial assistance for TIBSOVO® (ivosidenib). Healthcare providers can enroll patients at myAgios.com/enroll.
- Our medicines are manufactured and packaged in controlled facilities that are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), ensuring the medicines are protected against all contaminants including COVID-19.
- If you have questions or concerns about your treatment plan, please consult with your doctor.
- If you have questions or concerns related to TIBSOVO®, please feel free to reach out to us at 833-228-8474 or email@example.com.
Clinical Trial Patients and Investigators
- Inventory of our investigational medicines is in place to support ongoing and planned global clinical trials.
- We are monitoring each of our clinical trials and have taken measures to minimize any disruption.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please consult with the physicians at your clinical trial site.