Agios has a dynamic culture, which supports our employees’ unwavering commitment to science and patients. We offer a premium benefits package ensuring flexibility in a well-rounded benefit offering for all employees to help meet their varied personal and professional needs.
Agios’ compensation strategy supports our business strategy. Each year we determine specific short-term and long-term goals. Our company competencies (values and behaviors) set the expectations for how our goals should be achieved. We then reward our employees based on how and what they achieve.
We offer competitive, performance-based compensation that is aligned with industry practice:
- Base compensation reflecting the key areas of responsibility, job characteristics, required experience, and skill set. Base salary is reviewed annually, and any increase reflects both merit based on performance as well as market movements.
- Variable compensation
- Short-term incentives (cash bonus)
- Long-term incentives (stock options and RSU’s)
Agios’ benefit programs are an integral part of the total rewards program and strategy and are designed to meet the challenges of the growing competition for talent. Our programs support overall business objectives and strategy, are aligned with legislation and best practices, and are established to provide a framework of security for our employees and their families.
Health and Wellness (Mind & Body)
Agios believes in the health and wellness of employees and their families. Starting on your first day of hire, we offer industry-leading medical, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health savings accounts (HSAs), and a variety of additional wellness programs, including, among others:
- Health care: Harvard Pilgrim/United Healthcare
- Dental plan: Delta Dental Premier
- Vision plan: VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent and Health care)
- Health Savings Accounts
- Onsite fitness facility and free group classes
- Discounted health club membership
- Massage therapy and acupuncture
- Nutrition, wellness and financial seminars and workshops
- Tuition reimbursement
We offer a variety of benefits to help provide peace of mind both in the present and as you think about planning for the future.
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) with company match: Fidelity
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
While fostering a fun, collaborative, entrepreneurial work environment, Agios also recognizes the need for balance.
- Flexible work environment
- Discretionary paid time off (vacation & sick)
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical program
- Companywide shut downs
- Weekly happy hours
Getting to Agios
- Subsidized parking & public transportation
- Secure bicycle parking